Background

Monday, February 21, 2011

My Provider, My Peace

I read this tonight, and marveled at it:

"What if we believed in the deep places, the darkest recesses, that He always provided — and not just barely, but abundantly?

Wouldn’t we always be at peace — no matter what?"

I find that I must say, "Lord, I believe, Help Thou my unbelief!" I was just thinking to myself tonight, foolishly, I know: "If fretting were against the law, I would find myself locked up in a prison, or certainly paying fines..."

I would say, I trust the Lord, I love Him, I cling to Him. He is my everything. But when push comes to shove, I cannot say that I am always at peace, "no matter what". I fret about my teeth, the cavities and the fillings and the broken tooth of this evening and the money it will cost to pay for it and the shame I face in going to the dentist for it, I worry about hospital bills and groceries, and what may come of tomorrow, how will I face this or that...I am an accomplished fretter. I do so strive to trust Him and am always in the practice of casting my cares on Him, for I know He cares for me, for praying with thanksgiving and letting my requests be made known to God. But wow! This thing does not come easily to me...

Oh, I trust Him, how I long to trust Him more. Beautiful are these words:

"The needs of our day are great but our God is greater and we call Him Providence because we believe:He is the One who always provides."

These verses are the ones listed on http://www.aholyexperience.com/2011/02/what-if-we-believe-we-have-everything-we-need/ where I read these challenging, inspiring, convicting and encouraging words today.

Your Father knows the things you have need of before you ask Him” (Matt. 6:8).

My God shall supply all your needs, according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus” (Phil 4:19).

"May God be exalted, magnified, by my glorying in His perfect provision and and may He look absolutely beautiful to all who may see me, as He becomes, more and more, my Peace". AMEN, so be it!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to share your heart or your mind with me? Please do and thanks for stopping by.