Background

Sunday, February 20, 2011

What Good it Does to Worship Corporately!!!

Oh, what a wonderful day today was for my soul! It is a large task being a mother, yes it is. A wonderful, but large task. And any women knows that hormones at their worst are truly a curse that we are called to bear. It is true. Since I have had Karli, there are days and I can pick them out on the calendar when my body does wild and crazy things. It is harder to not cry in the challenges of the day and things that wouldn't seem hard or large, seem terrible and huge. It is just a fact of life for me.

Well, the past couple days have been those sort of days...teary, over-thinking, self condemning, that is where I have lived in my mind and heart the past few days.
The devil is a crazy character in that his devices are never-ending and if he can't get you on one accusation, he speaks his lies and seeks to destroy from a different avenue. What I mean when I say that is that the other day I was struggling to get my eyes off of a person's sin and the offense I took. So God rescued me out of that and then I swayed over to condemning myself for the ugliness I saw in my heart, the unloving ways I responded in my heart as I took offense.

So Saturday, I was sapped of my energy, even physically, as I listened to the lies that are straight from the pit of hell that say, I am condemned, no good...the Bible says otherwise. The lyrics of the song and the scripture that I posted yesterday were the rebuttal that I cling to and with which I choose to respond to the accuser, the wicked one.


This morning we were keeping the kids home from church due to sickness and one of us was going to go, long story short, due to my need for encouragement and just some time away from mommy-ing, I GOT TO GO!! Thank the Lord for a selfless husband who saw my frailty and my need this morning.


Church was so good, such a balm to my soul. We sang to the Lord and heard His wonderful words of life spoken and taught!!! We had the privilege of taking the Lord's Supper. Oh how great that was for my soul, to rehearse what He has done, how He took my place and was the final and ultimate sacrifice for my sins. He paid it all. We sang "And Can it Be?" and the final verse was meant for me, thank you Lord.

"No condemnation now I dread;
Jesus, and all in Him, is mine;
Alive in Him, my living Head,
And clothed in righteousness divine,
Bold I approach th’eternal throne,
And claim the crown, through Christ my own.
Bold I approach th’eternal throne,
And claim the crown, through Christ my own."

The condemnation that I feel, that I try to bear is not real, it is not mine. He has done what it took. It is not my righteousness that I stand on. It is the righteousness of Christ. I cannot save myself. Only Christ can save. And oh what a Savior He is!!!!

Finally, Tim our pastor read from the book of Hebrews, wonderful words of life that encouraged me even more:
"Therefore, brethren, having boldness to enter the Holiest by the blood of Jesus, 20 by a new and living way which He consecrated for us, through the veil, that is, His flesh, 21 and having a High Priest over the house of God, 22 let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water. 23 Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful. 24 And let us consider one another in order to stir up love and good works, 25 not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some, but exhorting one another, and so much the more as you see the Day approaching."

I must say that I am so thankful to be able to go and worship with a body of Believers in Christ. To hear the Word of God taught, to partake of Him in bread and drink. To sing praises to His Name. What good it did for my weary and discouraged soul!!! I came home renewed, rejuvenated, revived!!!
Thank you Lord for meeting me where I was and seeing my need and fulfulling it perfectly with precision!!
Oh, oh, what a beautiful Savior, is my Jesus Christ!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to share your heart or your mind with me? Please do and thanks for stopping by.