Background

Saturday, February 5, 2011

"Everything is Sacred"

For the past few months, maybe it's even been a half of a year, I have been meditating, not always purposely on the lyrics of the song, "Sacred" by Caedmon's Call. I have told them to any mother who would listen to me and have reflected on them in my heart of hearts more times than I can count. From the first lyrics, "this house is a good mess, it's the proof of life..", "teach me to run to You like they run to me for every little thing...", "when I forget to drink from You, I can feel the banks harden, Lord make me like a stream to feed the garden..." Oh the words of that song!! They have encouraged my soul ten-fold and convicted it 100-fold!!! Encouraged because it is so good to know that this chaos I call life, with lots of laundry in every basket and hamper, children crying, biting one another, juice splattered floors, and sinning against my children by being short tempered at times, is familiar and common to others, it is the real life of a mother. Convicted because I don't always run to Him for every little thing, and I do forget to drink of Him and my the banks of my life, where my children need to drink from, they do get hardened because I haven't walked closely enough with my Father. EVERYTHING IS SACRED and nothing that happens in the day is out of the Father's hand or out of His sight for that matter and it is all the things He uses...to draw me close to Him, to conform me to His image, to make me a vessel for His honor...
I have always been a journaler, but in the past so many years as a wife and mom, my efforts have not been consistent, I have been feeling that stirring in my heart that I should take the time to reflect more, to write more, to meditate through words on what the Lord is working out in my life. Today for the first time I went to a blog that I had heard about from several girlfriends called, http://www.aholyexperience.com. It was the rest of the stirring it would take to get me back up on this journey. It was there on her blog that I read the words "sacred in the chaos". The very thing the words of the song were talking to me about all these months. So as I attempted to begin journaling by blogging here, I will attempt to find the sacred in the chaos of my very wonderful life as a mom of five precious souls and the wife to one amazing man. Join me if you will on this journey...know you will most likely hear of many sorts of chaos in my heart and life, but I pray that as I reflect through this chaotic thing called my life, I will find all the sacred lessons that Christ has to teach me along the way...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to share your heart or your mind with me? Please do and thanks for stopping by.