Really this is no new thing. It is what the Spirit does in the life of one who belongs to Christ, the stirring of the heart through Spirit and the Word. No believer would say that they wouldn't want change. And as prideful as I can be in so many ways, in the same breath I see how very much I need Theresa to be changed, more conformed to the image of Christ. Oh, how I long for that! I get so sick of myself and all the things that I do that grieve the Spirit. I know it is just part of life, the life of one who calls on Christ, that fight against flesh and spirit. And I KNOW He is doing a work in me, but some days I just really want to be made perfect NOW!
I think one of the most marvelous things about going to heaven will be that the struggle against sin, against this awful flesh of mine will be over, done away with!!!! OH YES!!!! That will be a glorious day!! But until then, I must seek His face in prayer, and His Word, the word that can divide even the intents of my wicked heart. I want to be changed, but I must be committed to these things more than yesterday and the day before...
...and as He changes me, the most perfect outcome, His glory revealed, seeing the nasty wretch that I was being transformed and seeing beauty flow out of my life. I am so not beautiful naturally, and I can honestly say (even though my flesh would many times like to and does try to steal the glory) that whatever good there is in me, it is Him. I am a testimony to MYSELF of what Christ can do in a life. On a daily basis, the good things that I see, in my heart of hearts, I know it is Him coming forth, the change I so desperately long to see.
My heart is comforted in these words from Philippians 1:6:
"being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ;"
AMEN!! May it be so!!!!!!
Listen to the song that I posted. It is perfect for what my heart feels!! My God is a good God!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Want to share your heart or your mind with me? Please do and thanks for stopping by.