One thing I realized though, as the trip was coming to a close, that I hadn't done too much in the way of spending time with the Lord, not a good thing. Oh, I read my bible a couple of times, but that was it, I prayed when things presented the need for prayer and thanked Him accordingly, but as far as walking close to Him, I feel like there was something lost during my time away. A reminder to myself is this: Though I may be away from home, I still need to abide close to Him.
Someone shared this verse in a group of women last night. It spoke directly to me, not just because of my trip and my time of not fully abiding, but because I am so prone to wander, even though I love my Savior dearly.
John 15:5 and following reads:
I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing. 6 If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered; and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned. 7 If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you willb]" style="font-size: 0.75em; line-height: 0.5em; ">[b] ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you. 8By this My Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit; so you will be My disciples.
May this be my meditation towards Him this week, starting with today. Amen.
This also reminds me of the words in this song, how I am prone to wander. This too is the prayer of my heart!!! May it be so, oh may it be so!!!!!
"O to grace how great a debtor
Daily I’m constrained to be!
Let Thy goodness, like a fetter,
Bind my wandering heart to Thee.
Prone to wander, Lord, I feel it,
Prone to leave the God I love;
Here’s my heart, O take and seal it,
Seal it for Thy courts above."
Daily I’m constrained to be!
Let Thy goodness, like a fetter,
Bind my wandering heart to Thee.
Prone to wander, Lord, I feel it,
Prone to leave the God I love;
Here’s my heart, O take and seal it,
Seal it for Thy courts above."
Thanks so much for posting this Theresa! I was actually just thinking about this last night. We were away at my parents all weekend and we were so busy I never spent a moment alone with the Lord save one prayer I prayed with my parents about the sale of their home. I felt so sad about it and had a heavy heart. Thanks for the wonderful verses!
ReplyDelete