Background

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Enjoying this Slowed Pace

This week, only 3 days so far, I have purposely slowed down, purposely rested, purposely prayed, purposely been less hurried. The outcome thus far, far more peace.
Sunday night I decided that I wasn't going to clean up the kitchen from all the mess of the dishes from our fun meal during the Super Bowl. I purposely rested with my classical music in ear on the couch with my Bible chapters for the day and my new book, One Thousand Gifts. I enjoyed that, it was sweet and it brought peace to my soul. Quiet piano music alone is sweet, add God's Word and another good book...ahhhhhh.
I slowed the week down by starting Monday morning off with just piano lessons then a trip to the library, instead of trying to plow through lots of work before the library. At the library, I changed it up a little and didn't let anyone use the computers, but just pick books and then sit and read them. So I enjoyed that because I was able to interact more with the kids doing puzzles and reading to them. This was more purposeful, less full and much more peaceful.
Our prayer times have been good the past two days, the kids and I discussing why we pray and who and what we should pray about. It hasn't been long times, but good, focusing on what is necessary, God's plans, God's will...today we specifically talked about entering into His gates with thanksgiving and gave the Lord thanks before we prayed for our list. It feels good to purposefully come to a halt in the day, to be with the Lord.
We are getting school work done, but with less hurry. Hurry feels bad, and I am very good at hurry. But hurry also gives me a knot in my stomach and death words on my tongue. I have purposed to hurry less and have been and it feels very good. I really don't know the logistics of how to make my life less hurried and still get all that "needs" to be done. That will come, I know. The same way many things have come in my life as a wife and mother, from the wisdom that God will give as I ask Him and as I seek His face. And in the meantime I am enjoying this slowed pace.

James 1:5-7 (New King James Version)5 If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him. 6 But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind. 7 For let not that man suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord;


1 comment:

  1. Inspiring and encouraging Theresa! Praise the Lord! Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Want to share your heart or your mind with me? Please do and thanks for stopping by.