Have you heard that old song, "I'm Every Woman"?? Catchy tune, up tempo beat. Well, I heard a new song on Sara Groves latest CD, "Invisible Empires" and it says just the opposite of that. And it is just what she says that my heart says, "I'm not every woman..."
Here are the words to her song, "Finite".
"I'm not every woman, it's not all in me.
I'm proud and guarded when it comes to my needs.
Try to keep the whole thing rolling keep an on time train.
This frenetic fascination's really driving me insane,
Anybody feel that? Anybody feel that? Anybody feel that?
What God meant by woman, I'm hard pressed to find
I'm chasing paper dreams and a guilt undefined
Fighting to stay younger
Trying to stay thin and in control
Searching for a magic formula
A thing to soother our souls
Wonderin' where the peace went? Wonderin' where the peace went.
I'm finite, I come to an end.
I'm finite I come to an end
Try to keep the whole thing rollin' try to keep an on time train...
I'm finite, I cannot pretend, I'm finite, I come to an end. I'm finite I cannot pretend."
Anybody feel that?? Anybody feel that?? Anybody feel that??
Well, I do. I confess. I feel that I am trying to keep the whole thing rolling sometimes, keep things on time and in control, young, thin, soothe my soul. I know the answer but yet I still fight against me, somehow trying to do it on my own. The answer is a Person, Jesus Christ. He has all the answers. But just knowing the answer isn't the same as trusting Him, believing it and throwing yourself at the feet of the answer. Being a woman, or a person for that matter isn't easy, nor is keeping it together. Why not today, along with me, lean on the One who holds all things together by the Word of His power?! That sounds like a marvelous idea. God help me do it. God help you do it.
He promises, "Those who wait on the LORD, WILL renew their strength"~!! He is the source of strength we all need; it's not all in me, or you. It's in Him!!! The Jesus, who is Peace, Himself.
Psalm 61:2
From the end of the earth I will cry to You,
When my heart is overwhelmed;
Lead me to the rock that is higher than I.
In the car by myself yesterday when I could really hear those words, I thought, wow, I am NOT every woman either. I do try to be in control, I try to keep a tight schedule, I try to do it all. And after a long and tiring, frustrating day...I can't pretend. I am finite. I am so thankful for His promise to be my strength.
ReplyDelete