I am so thankful and grateful for this ministry. I am so blessed to know about it and to be able to have a small part in helping to rid this injustice in the world. It matters what one person does and one person can make a difference in the world, one day at time and in this case $24 dollars at a time. I am sometimes overwhelmed and burdened by the horrors of the world, the sadness, the poverty...but I have lately been encouraged by this ministry and the International Justice Mission that as one person at a time seeks to make a difference, change can really happen. And it does matter what I do, in my own little corner of the world. I am so excited for the fire that God has put in my belly in regards to reaching out beyond the doors of my home and making a difference in the world in the name of Jesus. "...a cup of water in My name, you have done it unto to Me...". It all matters.
They wrote names on our arms to remind us what, I mean really WHO we were running for. I had the name "Angali" who was from India and had been rescued from the life of sexual slavery through God's grace and the ministry of Freedom 4/24.
My dear friend Angela also ran the race. We ran it side by side, which by the way is the only way I plan to run races : )
This song inspires me to make a difference, to give, to sacrifice and to not forget the poor and oppressed in the world. GOD HELP US MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN YOUR NAME!!!!
NOTE: You can turn off the blog music by scrolling down to the bottom and pressing pause. THEN YOU CAN HEAR THE SONG!!)

#276 sitting with a godly saint who is in pain and hearing her say, "God is so good".
#277 children who talk about Jesus without prompting
#278 vocal chords that work to let me sing His praises
#279 feet that let me run and walk for that matter
#280 getting to go on a one mile walk/jog individually with 4 of my kids, precious one on one time...ahhhh
#281 a gracious leader, with a heart for the Lord and people
#282 a husband who tenderly loves me...always amazes me that he loves ME!
#283 a vacuum
#284 a fixed breaker which means the hot water won't turn cold while I am in the shower!!
#285 tablecloths
#286 new tights for the girls from my mom
#287 new coats for some of the kids from my mother in love
#288 American girl dolls and clothes from friends at church, the girls haven't put them down in 24 hours and the girls that fight so often are now PLAYING NICELY!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Want to share your heart or your mind with me? Please do and thanks for stopping by.