I read this tonight and it challenged me, convicted my fainting heart. Here's what it said:
"Believe it: I have all I need for today.
The needs of our day are great but our God is greater and we call Him Providence because we believe: He is the One who always provides."
Do you ever forget that? Do you feel like you don't have all you need for today? I have felt like that a lot over the course of my motherhood, well my life for that matter, especially the past couple days.
But when I think about it, I am reminded that I really DO have what I need in Him. And when I feel like saying, "I can't do this" or "This is too hard." Don't I really mean, "I won't do this, because I don't want to, trying is just too hard." ?
Well, as I have searched my heart on many days, and namely just the other day, while tears streamed my cheeks as I knelt couchside praying, I heard that, "you can do this, it's just the want to that you need." The 'want to', the drive to push me on a hard day. Summed up, I need FAITH!!! I need to, "believe it: I have all I need for today."
If I know anything about God, about His Word, then I know that He is control, and He is with me, and most of all He loves me. This doesn't mean that things won't get hard, but because I know Him and His character, I can believe that He will "never leave me nor forsake me".
A powerful verse that encourages my heart in regard to my faith and struggles is from Hebrews 4:
"Seeing then that we have a great High Priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession. For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin. Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need."
Help in time of need, don't you love it?! That's it!! Let me remember to come boldly to that throne, the throne of that beautiful word, grace. I need more grace, and He promises that when I come boldly to the throne, what will I find? Well, I will get mercy and find grace to help in my time of need. That is encouraging!! Oh so encouraging!!
So, the next time I feel like saying or thinking that I "can't" do whatever the task is that is set before me (the pile of pots and pans, the little one who needs training, the laundry that needs folding, the floors that need mopping or all of those things at the same time). Let me fall to my knees and run to that beautiful throne, that is so real, even though I can't see it. Let me run there and seek what I so desperately need (more than a cleaning lady, a shower, or a Starbucks). I need mercy and grace to help in my time of need. Which really, is everyday for me. Amen!!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Want to share your heart or your mind with me? Please do and thanks for stopping by.