For almost my entire life, I think, I've wanted God to use me. Sometimes over the years, I thought it needed to be something big, or miraculous, or really noble. Through a crisis in my life He taught me that being used by Him might not be monumental, or noble, or big or even readily visible to me everyday in the ways that I thought it might be. I remember thinking that He needed me and if I messed up, everything would be messed up. What pressure! But praise be to God, He showed me how much bigger He is than that!!!! He doesn't really need me, but gives me the pleasure of being used by Him.
Sometimes what He has wanted from me has been very clear and sometimes the ways He's used me have been crystal clear. There have been other times when I have felt as if I was grappling, reaching to find what He wanted from me or how I could be used by Him. Sometimes I am tempted to fret that I need to go and find out what He wants from me, how He may see fit to use me, what purpose He has for me...I guess I get overwhelmed with all the causes in the world, all the hurt, all the things that need fixing and all the people that need help. Sometimes my tender heart is overstimulated and flooded and I don't know what good cause to focus my heart on, or my time, or my talents or my energy.
But even as my heart is confused or worried about what my purpose is in the grand scheme of life, I hear the Spirit of the LORD saying good things to me:
"And I am sure of this, that He who began a good work in you, will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ" ~Philippians 1:6
"In a large house there article not only of gold and silver, but also of wood and clay; some for honor and some for dishonor. If anyone cleanses himself of the latter he will be a vessel for honor, sanctified and useful for the Master, prepared for every good work." ~2 Timothy 2:20-21
"For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, that He has prepared beforehand,that we should walk in them." ~Ephesians 2:10
And for practicality purposes, I know what the will of God is for me in simple ways...
...to love my husband, and to love my children ~Titus 2
...to do justice, love mercy and to walk humbly with my God ~ Micah 6:8
...to pray without ceasing ~Philippians
And a heart that even a few minutes ago was whirling around wondering what God wants from my life in the grand scheme, is brought to peace and all from His word.
He will do it. I must, in His strength, cleanse myself of worldly things, and He will use me for whatever good that HE has ALREADY prepared for me to walk in. So no need to fret, my dear heart, He will do it. He began the work in me me. He will complete it until I get to see Him face to face.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Want to share your heart or your mind with me? Please do and thanks for stopping by.