Background
Sunday, September 14, 2014
Law of Kindness
Proverbs 31 is a very popular Proverb and many people frequently use it to lay out this amazing woman to imitate. She has many wonderful qualities. So many qualities I long for and pray that the LORD make real in my life. One that has been coming up quite often, even in my dealings with my own children is the phrase, "and on her tongue is the law of kindness". I love that. I also am cut to the heart by that small phrase.
The Holy Spirit has been speaking to my heart lately and reminding me that when I sin in tongue, that is one of the things Christ had to die for. When I choose to speak angrily, rudely or unkindly in any way because I feel like I "need to", I am sinning. And for that sin, for the convenience and lack of self-control in my life, Christ died. I don't want to be so flippant with my words that I just speak them and ask for forgiveness later. Christ had to pay for that and I want to choose words that bring life rather than death.
Today my Pastor was speaking and teaching us that our sins are like arrows into the heart of the LORD. Every time I sin, it is like an arrow into His heart. I don't want to continually shoot arrows of grief into my Savior's heart. Sin is grievous to the heart of God. Yes, Jesus swallows up all my punishment in the cross and covers my sins with His blood. That should not be license for me to sin with my mouth. If I can make an active choice to have the law of kindness on my tongue, let this happen in my life, OH GOD!
What is the "Law of Kindness" and what does that look like fleshed out in my life? How can that be made more true in my life? I would say that the largest portion of my sins fall from my lips. I am a talker, so my words are many. The
Bible says that none of us are perfect in our words. So, all of us, have room for improvement, me first in line.
The Law of Kindness on my tongue:
Being patient in words with my children, husband and others... "Love is patient, love is kind..."
Not saying the mean or grumbling thought that comes to my mind when someone offends me..."Do all things without complaining or disputing..."
Saying words that only build up others..."speaking the truth in love..."
Refraining from yelling or negative speech...about anyone anywhere...
"Let no unwholesome word proceed from your mouth, but only such a word as is good for edification [b]according to the need of the moment, so that it will give grace to those who hear." ~Ephesians 4:29
Who will with me, this week, seek the heart of God to be a woman on whose tongue is the "Law of Kindness"? Let's write on our refrigerators, by our sinks, on our mirrors, on our hands and God be pleased to write it on our hearts!!!!!! May we be those who it can be said, "on her tongue is the law of kindness". AMEN!!!
~Theresa xo
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Want to share your heart or your mind with me? Please do and thanks for stopping by.