Sitting in church today, I hear the music begin and I hear this song that I love..."Jesus, Thank You". Loved that moment....I was so excited that we were singing that today.
The chorus of the song says:
"Your blood has washed away my sins, Jesus thank You.
The Father's wrath completely satisfied Jesus, Thank You.
Once Your enemy, now seated at Your table.
Jesus, Thank You."
Ummm....this is the summation of my life. I was born a sinner, in need of a Savior. Jesus died on the cross to take the punishment that my sin deserved, because a Holy God requires a payment for sin. "The wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ, our Lord" The requirement for my sin was paid by the blood of Jesus. Just like in the Old Testament, there was a requirement for sins to be atoned. There needed to be blood shed. Jesus said it, "without the shedding of blood, there is no remission of sins". JESUS' blood washes away my sins. The Father's rightful wrath against the sins that we commit was completely satisfied, when Jesus willingly paid the price by giving His life on the cross. And now, my favorite part of the song..."ONCE YOUR ENEMY, NOW SEATED AT YOUR TABLE"....ahhhhhh
I don't know about you, but as far as I know, most enemies are not sitting around tables together enjoying one another. And also, for most of what I have seen and known in life and in the movies, most people are not dying for someone that hates them or that they consider their enemy, right? That is why that statement is amazing...I was His enemy, and that is when He died for me, way before I ever loved Him. He died for me when I was His enemy. What a beautiful thought to me!! This Jesus, of Whom I once was an enemy, now He and I are seated at the table together. Today, it may not be Him in bodily form sitting at a table with me, but in spirit, I sit at His table, I am a friend of God now, because Jesus died for me and made me His own. I am His sister, a co-heir with Him. I am entitled to enter the presence of God, not because of me, but because of Him. And that while I did not love Him, He loved me.
AND one day, I will meet Him face to face and we will eat real food and drink real wine together at the Marriage Supper of the Lamb. I cannot wait!!! I will be seated with Him and get to worship Him unhindered for eternity. I think I might be the loudest one there ;), singing at the top of my lungs, "Your blood has washed away my sins, Jesus, Thank You...ONCE YOUR ENEMY, NOW SEATED AT YOUR TABLE, JESUS, THANK YOU!"
It is my prayer that all can sing those words with me...all my friends, family, acquaintances and strangers, even, be able to say this: That I am a sinner in need of a Savior, needing a payment and taking the offer Christ makes for me. I admit that I need Jesus and His blood. Once His enemy, I now can sit at His table as a friend of God. OH, how I want that for all of you...May God make it so. AMEN.
"For when we were still without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly. For scarcely for a righteous man will one die; yet perhaps for a good man someone would even dare to die. But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from wrath through Him. For if when we were enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, having been reconciled, we shall be saved by His life." Romans 5:6-10
No comments:
Post a Comment
Want to share your heart or your mind with me? Please do and thanks for stopping by.