Background

Thursday, January 2, 2014

Resolving to Pray

The last few days, the radio and internet have been full of resolutions for the new year. I actually haven't made any...could be that from the exhaustion of traveling over the holiday and the stomach bug that will not leave us alone... I have not even gotten to that point. But as I just sat for a minute in quiet (the girls are watching a movie and the boys are at piano) I am decidedly resolving to do what I know is the real answer to anything that needs changing in my life..re-solving my problems can only be done through PRAYER. I would have always said I was a person who prayed, and I do, it's just that I know FOR SURE, that I don't pray the way I should. I don't say that like there is a rule to keep or some thing to do because I need to check it off my list so that I can be good or that God would love me. In the depths of my heart, I know I need to talk with God...I need Him. His word says,"without Me, you can do nothing." I know He is the only way to walk with peace through this world, to have true joy, and also prayers are the best way I can serve those I love at home and abroad. I need to pray...I want to know Jesus more, I want to know the heart of God, I want to love the things He loves and love people the way He calls me to. I cannot do that flying by the seat of my pants into the day and surfing the web more than I pray and read my Bible. I am not feeling guilted and I am not trying to make anyone else feel guilted. I am encouraged and am encouraging those who read, let's get to know the Savior more. Let's meet Him more often in prayer, as we would with a friend over coffee. The Bible says to, "pour out our hearts before Him"! He hears and on His mysterious ways He uses those prayers to draw us closer to Him and make changes in this world...

1 comment:

  1. You are always so encouraging and such a good example. I count myself blessed to have you as my friend. Pray more...yes! Fly by the seat of my pants...no, or at least less.

    ReplyDelete

Want to share your heart or your mind with me? Please do and thanks for stopping by.