Background

Sunday, November 10, 2013

37 Thoughts on my 37th Birthday!

I. Love. Birthdays. Especially those of the people who are dearest to me and of course, my own. It is fun for this sappy person to soak in this day the thought that God has allowed me to live another year. I mean it. I don't take for granted that I am alive this day. Just ask those who are closest to me...I am a bit morbid in my soberness towards life, but hey, that's who I am and I am thankful to the One Who is the giver of all good things to be alive!!! In Him, I live and move and have my being! He gives me life and breath and everything as the Scriptures declare!!!
I love to write. It is therapeutic to me, like exercise is...so as a gift to myself I am taking the time to do something I really enjoy!
Here are 37 random facts, thoughts or meditations that I have thought on this year...
Most important things I have learned spiritually:
1. I am more wicked than I could ever know
2. God loves me more than I can imagine and it has nothing to do with what I have or have not done.
3. I have idols in my life that God is shining light on more and more...things that I love too much.
4. God isn't angry with me or waiting to pounce on me when I do wrong. He is longing to have mercy on me and calling me back to Him.
5. When God looks at me, He sees Christ and His righteousness and Christ is my only hope. That knowledge has set me free from living under the weight of trying to please Him. He is already satisfied with Christ and I am covered by His blood.

Personal reflections:
6. I have grey hair, I am heavier than I want to be, I have many physical injuries that make my body hurt
7. But having no grey, being thin and uninjured cannot bring me the happiness that I once thought it could.
8. I have had to learn to enjoy walking for exercise because the pain in my body will not let me run, but this has made me thankful to be able to merely walk at all!
9. Having a clean house is great, but having having fun with family and friends is far better. I am learning to die to the need to have everything just so.
10. I am learing that it doesn't matter if people like me or not...idolizing that Is dying in my life. I am far more loved by God than I can I agine and that is enough!! Amen!

Favorite songs that I have listened to over and over this year:
11. Wonderful, christy nockels
12. Known, Audrey Assad
13. I will rise, Hillsong
14. I Shall Not Want, Audrey Assad
15. Eyes on the Prize, Sara Groves
16. I Look to You, Whitney Houston


Preachers that I would not be the same without:
17. Matt Chandler
18. Mike Sherrett
19. Tim Keller
20. Alistair Begg

Random things...

21. My mom is the best girlfriend I have
22. I like to listen to the group Pentantonix
23. My favorite things to watch are episodes of Locked Up Abroad and I Shouldn't Be Alive in Netflix
24. I am more in love with my husband now than ever
25. My body definitely feels older, but I still feel very young inside...
26. My kids are awesome!
27. Coffee is pretty much a necessity ; )

10 events from this year

28. I flew to Texas and visited with my brother and his family, by myself for a week!
29. My children had 2 bouts of lice, disgusting...most overwhelming "illness" we have faced
30. We went in our first family bike ride with everyone on their own bike!!! So fun!
31. Mark got a new job that he really likes
32. My brother gave us a family vehicle because we did not have one!
33. My precious Nana went home to be with be Lord!
34. I officially homeschool all Five of my children.
35. We love our church, are learning so much and have made some precious new friends there.
36. We didn't do any construction on our house this year...that is amazing.
37. I had a great 37th birthday, full of love, presents and feeling special!! I am happy to be one year older and I think, by the grace of God, one year wiser :)

My God, I thank You for my life. Take my life....

Take my life, and let it be
Consecrated, Lord, to Thee;
Take my moments and my days,
Let them flow in ceaseless praise,
Let them flow in ceaseless praise.
Take my hands, and let them move
At the impulse of Thy love;
Take my feet and let them be
Swift and beautiful for Thee,
Swift and beautiful for Thee.
Take my voice, and let me sing
Always, only, for my King;
Take my lips, and let them be
Filled with messages from Thee,
Filled with messages from Thee.
Take my silver and my gold;
Not a mite would I withhold;
Take my intellect, and use
Every power as Thou shalt choose,
Every power as Thou shalt choose.
Take my will, and make it Thine;
It shall be no longer mine.
Take my heart; it is Thine own;
It shall be Thy royal throne,
It shall be Thy royal throne.
Take my love; my Lord, I pour
At Thy feet its treasure-store.
Take myself, and I will be
Ever, only, all for Thee,
Ever, only, all for Thee.


Source: http://www.hymnal.net/hymn.php/h/445#ixzz2kImuBmxv

4 comments:

  1. you are one of the inspiring people I know. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been a long time since I have been on the computer for fun so I didn't see this post until today! I love the 37things. Happy Birthday...again :)

    ReplyDelete

Want to share your heart or your mind with me? Please do and thanks for stopping by.