Background

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

The Answer for Every Longing Heart

Do you ever wonder why your heart always seems to be longing for something? Maybe you haven't noticed, but if you start to think about it, you are probably hoping something in your life would change. I know that I have lots of longings. I have lots of things that I wish were just so...but they are not. Ummm...let me give some examples, I wish that I didn't ever get angry at my children, or that I don't lose patience when someone cuts me off the road. How about my unending desire to be thinner, just the size I think I should be...or that I would look so beautiful and my husband would be in awe over me ; ) lol...well, I actually do wish that sometimes (he is very sweet to me, don't get me wrong). But don't you have these ideals in your head? These thoughts and longings for things to be "just the way you were hoping" them to be?!

If I am perfectly honest, I want my life to be smooth, without pain, inconvenience...I want my relationships to be perfect and ideal. I long for my body to be thinner, healthier and in less pain. I want my crazy hot flashes to go away and I want that pretty much yesterday ; ) I don't want to have to deal with sin issues in my life, my children's lives, family members lives or friends' lives. I don't want people to hurt my feelings. I don't want to watch a friend suffer with illness, I don't want someone I love to die...Let's just be honest, (and I am not even a dreamer kind of person), I have lots and lots of longings for things that won't ever be fulfilled this side of eternity. You have lots of longings that will never be filled here on earth.

Why is this the case? Why are we, way down deep, dissatisfied? It's because a long time ago sin entered the world and ever since then we try to fill the chasm that sin created. The world is not perfect, so it will dissapoint. Even people like me, who know and trust in Christ, have these sin-sick hearts that want to be filled and we search for fulfillment in things that can't fully satisfy. The things we want aren't necessarily wrong, they just won't usually happen for us in this imperfect place. Only One can satisfy the longings deep down in our souls.

Knowing that Christ made a way for me to get to God is amazing and everyday I seek to know and love Him more. But I have realized, my real longings, the deep desires of my heart won't be fully satisfied until the day I meet Him face to face. Oh how I long for that day! God's Word says that we will bow down and confess that He is Lord. I long to sing His praises forever. And you know what? In Revelations, the Bible says,


Now I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away. Also there was no more sea. Then I, John, saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven... And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away.”
Then He who sat on the throne said, “Behold, I make all things new.” And He said to me, “Write, for these words are true and faithful.”
Rev. 21

Yep, that is what I am longing for...the day when my faith will be made sight. The day when I won't be longing for anything. My sin will be gone, death will be conquered, Satan will be vanquished, everything I could have ever wanted will be fulfilled, because I and all of creation will finally be made completely new. No more pain, no more TEARS...ahhhhhh, can't even imagine. But that's where my hope is. Oh glorious day when sin, death and pain are no more!!! When broken relationships are perfected, and there isn't any more struggling with temper or impatience. And the best part of it is that Jesus, the One Who died so we could live will be there fulfilling our longings. Making all things new, wiping our tears away, bringing ultimate healing to our hearts and bodies that will never to hurt or long again... Jesus Christ...HE is The answer for every longing heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to share your heart or your mind with me? Please do and thanks for stopping by.