I read about making peace retreat, a little spot in your house for mom (or dad) and children to get away for a few minutes of solitude, a place to quiet the heart ~ a heart full of everything except what it really needs...Peace.
In my house I know so well the screams, the fighting, bickering, all part of life, all part of my grand task of training hearts to love God and love others. Sometimes though, I feel overwhelmed myself and don't know quite which way to turn in the job of what feels like referee. That's when I need to call on Peace, Who is a Person. Only He, Jesus, can give wisdom and help. And only He can really soothe the soul of a hurting child, offended by another, angry or proud...only He can soothe this mother's heart too, who is often wounded and sinful just the same as my children.
So I am going to take the time this week to make a peace retreat in our home...to offer my children a tangible place to meet with the One Who is always there...Click this link to learn about making your own peace retreat in your home.
I will post some pictures when I am done. Let me know if you do one too.
Adding to the gift...
#312 ~Friends that dropped by with a gift, 300 dollars to help and bless us!! Awesome God, Amazing Friends!!!!!!!
#313 ~for the words to a song that remind me, though I am guilty of sin, my Savior, my Judge, calls me, "not guilty" because Christ blood covers my sin.
#314 ~for a beautiful, Great WORKING, Printer!!!! Ours broke and a friend offered their spare. Another provision from my Jehovah Jireh.
#315 ~precious little friends for my kids (Pettets, we love you!!) and great evening with friends for us.
#316 ~some clean windows, and vinegar which does the trick : )
#317 ~a best friend, my husband, with whom tomorrow I will celebrate 13 years of marriage.
#318 ~school books coming in the mail...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Want to share your heart or your mind with me? Please do and thanks for stopping by.