Background

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Grow Old Along With Me...The Best is Yet to Be

Grow Old Along with Me, that's what the music played as we danced our first dance together back in 1999, 13 years ago. Who knew all the joys and love that we would have over the years. These pictures are in no way good quality, as I took a picture of a picture...BUT they are proof of the years that God has given Mark and I to love each other and to grow old together. They are not in any order, as I did not upload them correctly, but who cares. These pictures are me with the one man I I pledged my love to 13 years ago, the man that I hope to have by my side for all my days, the one whom I hope to grow old with.

Back in 1998, I met Mark and he was YOUNG! Lol!! A whopping 2 1/2 years younger than me!! Lol!!! It seemed a lot back then ;) Who knew that the young guy who I rode with on the train to see the fireworks with our church group would be the guy that I married. I remember so well telling him of my plans to go to India and work in the orphanage. And I remember even better than that, him saying to me, "I wish you well with that!" Too funny to me. I am so thankful that the LORD divinely planned my steps and guided my path to make Mark my lawfully wedded husband.

Some of you may know that there was a great struggle in my life, deciding if I should marry Mark or continue with my plans to go to India. I followed the path that God was guiding me and I did indeed plan to marry Mark. The night before my wedding, I remember lying in my living room with my bridesmaids/friends. I recall hearing the storm outside and thinking, "If the LORD wills, tomorrow I will marry Mark." Oh glorious day. Walking down the aisle KNOWING that I wanted to be with him for the rest of my days and so thankful that the Lord brought that day to completion.

I remember singing the song, "God Knew I Needed You" to Mark, knowing that that song was meant for us. The words have only become truer as the years have passed..."what did I do to deserve all I have received??...when we face the darkest of the nights, I'll reach out for your hand, and I know your love will hold me tight til we see the sun again...one heart made from 2, God knew that I needed you...and who you are, gives me strength beyond myself, in SPITE of all you see, I know your love is true, God knew that I needed you."

Mark is the biggest blessing to my life. He is a great encourager, my Barnabas (from the Bible for those who do not know "son of encouragement") as my dad calls him. He lathers me with kind words regularly. Telling me what a great job I am doing, that he thinks I am beautiful and all that crazy stuff. And get this, I think he really believes it!! I love when he comes home at night after a long day at work (he is such a hard worker). I love to see his face, hear his voice and just be near him. I love being around him just as much as the day we met and maybe even more.

I married a boy and I have had the privilege of growing up with him, physically and spiritually. Our marriage is what it is today because of the grace of God and the love of Christ in our lives. Christ makes all the difference in our marriage and in our home. Are we perfect? no, certainly not, but we have a love in Christ that creates a beautiful relationship that flows from Him.

Mark, I am so glad that you thought it would be a good idea to marry me all those years ago. I thank you for your love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, gentleness, faithfulness, and self-control towards me and the children. All the fruit of the spirit that you exemplify in your life that make you a gift to me everyday of the year. I praise my God for you, my friend and my love. All good gifts come from Him. And you are a very good gift!!!

Happy 13th anniversary!!! I married you and promised to be your wife...for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health...I am thankful for all the seasons He has brought us through and look forward to weathering many more days with you my love!!! Grow old along with me, the best is yet to be. God bless our love, God bless our love.





















7 comments:

  1. Precious Theresa! Happy Anniversary to you and Mark.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Erin. I know you had an anniversary recently too, I hope you and your hubby had a great one!!! May the LORD bless you both and keep you : )xoxo

      Delete
  2. Oh Happy Anniversary beautiful people across the way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a blessing! Happy anniversary you two!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praise be to God for His faithfulness and great lovingkindness! What a blessing He has given you and what a blessing you are to others. I am SOOO thankful that you will stand by my side as I get married in just a few weeks. I am so thankful for your friendship and encouragement in being a Godly wife. Love you!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Want to share your heart or your mind with me? Please do and thanks for stopping by.