Well, long story short, it was a benefit concert for two great ministries, the Pregnancy Care Center in Greensboro and also for the International Justice Mission. Two awesome causes, which took away some of the feeling bad about spending money. So I got to meet and sup with Sara Groves, her family and some other great artists along with my sweet friend Angela, then have front row seats to an incredible evening of worship in music as these artists used their talents to glorify, not themselves, but the Lord. I had a wonderful time meeting them all, telling Sara Groves how much I love her music and what an inspiration she has been to me through her songs. I even told her the labor story about how a song of hers helped me during that difficult thing called childbirth. She was sweet, tender, natural and humble. Just refreshing.
They were all sweet, humble vessels. It was a privilege to hear them and meet them. It was also extremely inspirational and part of an answer that God has been giving to me about the longing in my heart to make a difference in lives and to be good stewards of all He has given...that will be a post for a different time for there is so much to share in that regard. But in short, I am spurred on so much to make a difference in the world, starting with my own little world here...I am so thankful to God for the blessing of going to the concert and for all that meant for my heart and walk with the Lord.

#258 safe journey
#259 changing leaves
#260 a camera that takes pictures, learning to wait and be content with the camera I have
#261 a relaxed, laid back man to call my love
#262 a sweet specialty coffee
#263 new music
#264 the continual graciousness of the Lord to my ugly self
#265 listening to my 4 year old tell the other kids about the Jesus saving the world
#266 children enjoying the time at the piano
#267 a child finally learning the letter sounds!!
#268 cool mornings
#269 extra sleep
#270 free healthy bread from a friend!
#271 a warm fire enjoyed with all my little loves and the hubby too
#272 general protection in our everyday going
#273 glasses!! I would be lost without them
#274 myfitnesspal.com
#275 new running shoes with cushion in the heel, oh how I have missed you cushion!!
Wow Theresa! I cannot believe that you got to meet and eat with Sara Groves!!! What a sweet hubby you have to know you so well. I love Sara as well and her music just touches my soul. She is easily one of my very favorites. I've gotten to see her once in concert years ago and I still remember it as if it was yesterday. What a special evening for you, your hubby and friend.
ReplyDeleteIt was nice, so nice. Mark wanted to send me with just my friend so he stayed home with the kids. It was a long day with the drive and all ~ about 10 hours we were gone!! Very refreshing time...I can't seem to get comments to post on your blog, but I think I will make apple cobbler tonight!!! Thanks : )
ReplyDelete