Background

Thursday, April 7, 2011

I Want To Be Like Jesus

While driving in the car a couple of days ago, we were listening to some great Christian music, from Sovereign Grace Ministries, children's music that is. One of the songs said, "I want to be like Jesus..." My four-year old, sweet Norah, said, "Hey Mom, do you want to be like Jesus?". My response was of course, "Oh, yes, I want to be like Jesus!" And she said, "Me too!"
I want to be like Jesus, "to walk and talk like Jesus". Here are some more lyrics from this wonderful song:
I don’t always do what’s right

Jesus lived a perfect life

And for sins like mine He died

Teach me to obey Your Word

Help me to put others first

Holy Spirit, change my life


I want to love like Jesus, to obey the Father, to die to myself, to hate sin, to resist temptation, to be compassionate...With tears in my eyes, I write this and say, "Oh, I want to be like Jesus!!"
You know, I need to spend more time with Him. I need to learn what it means to abide with Him, to walk closely.
Several times since that first day, Norah has talked about being like Jesus. She said to me yesterday. "I want to be like Jesus, because He is kind." Oh sweet girl, I want to be kind like Jesus too.

Let a focus of my heart today be this, to be like Jesus, to do as He says, to follow hard after my Lord:
. 29 Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers. 30 And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. 31 Let all bitterness, wrath, anger, clamor, and evil speaking be put away from you, with all malice. 32 And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you.
~Ephesians 4:29-32

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to share your heart or your mind with me? Please do and thanks for stopping by.