
I began handwriting my list and think I shall continue, but I was considering earlier posting my list and after Ann's inspiration to share, here I begin, the journaling of "every good and perfect gift, coming down from the Father of Lights with Whom there is no shadow of turning"
1. snuggling with Maryann on the couch with no one else around and her sweet smile
2. daffodils blooming in the neighbor's yard
3. the privelege and joy of being a stay-at-home mom
4. monthly bonus checks that pay off debt and bills
5. easy friends
6. getting up at 8 only to find all quiet, coffee and my Bible
7. ibuprofen
8. spring sunshine
9. groceries
10. peace that comes from knowing the Lord
11. children
12. the love that God give me for my children
13. sweet words and tones that God lends to my voice
14. chatting and laughing with my boys @ bedtime
15. 1 dollar ice cram sundaes
16. a spare pair of pants in the van for a little one's accident
17. a wealth of knowledge to tap into via the internet
18. a nice vacuum
19. a husband who loves to spend time with me
21. Fridays...
22. productive days
23. hope...in so many things
24. that fear does not have to won me
25. that there is a new covenant
26. that Jesus paid it all
27. for a lovely place to call my home
28. children who are healthy
29. parent who shared Christ with me
30. lovely people I am privleged to know
31. lessons and chastening that the Lord gives
32. 3 beautiful messy-haired girls in jammies
33. Sunny Saturday
34. improved feeling in my feet
35. parents who are selfless
36. hot showers
37. music that I can hear in the kitchen
38. the He hears
39. frozen burritos, saving time and money
40. Norah's improved behavior
41. coffee
42. new shoes, helping to heal my feet
44. inspired songwriters, Sara Groves...
45. remembering birth stories of my children
46. pictures that capture good memories
47. the life of Norah
48. celebrating birthdays
49. giving gifts to children
50. watching children eat candy, cake and ice cream
51. decorations
52. Sunday rest
53. a repaired dishwasher
54. hands lifted high during worship
55. sleep, that the Lord gives
56. clean walls
57. hurt feet that make me realize my frailty, recognize my pride
58. conversations with friends
59. the God will judge the intents of all hearts
60. wisdom from above
61. a large washer and dryer
62. an encouraging not from a friend
63. watching hard hearts soften
64. silence on the monitor that says all are sleeping
65. ...
Theresa, This is so beautiful and so inspiring! Thank you for being such a beautiful person with a beautiful heart! I bought a journal this weekend to start my own 1000 gifts! I am so excited to get started!
ReplyDeleteLove u sweet friend!
Stacey
Thank you, Stacey. Did you get the book, are you reading www.aholyexperience.com??? I am excited that you are going to start your journal. It is a fun and sweet task and it makes you think about the blessings as the day goes on. I look forward to rereading it in years to come, all the sweet and wonderful ways God has shown His kindness to me. Love you too, friend!!
ReplyDelete~Theresa
This is beautiful Theresa! I love #44 as well. Sara Groves is my all time favorite! Her music moves me in to worship every time I listen to it. Both she and you are a gift to me!
ReplyDeleteHi Theresa, I haven't gotten the book yet, But I have reading her website off and on for the last year and Really enjoy her and her heart for the Lord! I am really looking forward to beginning it today!!!
ReplyDeleteThank you, Erin!!! Sara Groves!!! Wow, I love her music!! You too are a gift to me with your encouraging words and it blesses me to be able to encourage you, more than you know!!!! Have a grace-filled day!!!
ReplyDelete