Do you ever go to bed on Sunday night and think: "This weekend can't be over yet" or "oh, tomorrow's Monday, ugggh!" I do. My often weary spirit says that. Oh for another day of the weekend!! Maybe one where I didn't have to do anything or go anywhere or maybe a day that looks like a vacation!!! Those are sometimes my thoughts. And there are seasons of my heart and seasons of my life when I am more weary than others. Sometimes it is just circumstantial, lots of things going on and I feel tired from it all. Sometimes it is physical, an injury or illness for me or a child, or even just a dark season when the clouds seem to loom overhead much more regularly...whatever the case may be, sometimes we get weary. I get weary. I love that my God talks about that. I love that He addressed it in several passages that are a balm to my heart.
In Isaiah 40:28-31 He said,
"Have you not known?
Have you not heard?
The everlasting God, the Lord,
The Creator of the ends of the earth,
Neither faints nor is weary.
His understanding is unsearchable.
29 He gives power to the weak,
And to those who have no might He increases strength.
30 Even the youths shall faint and be weary,
And the young men shall utterly fall,
31 But those who wait on the Lord
Shall renew their strength;
They shall mount up with wings like eagles,
They shall run and not be weary,
They shall walk and not faint."
Jesus spoke these words in Matthew 11:
28 Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden,
and I will give you rest.
29 Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me,
for I am gentle and lowly in heart,
and you will find rest for your souls.
30 For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”
I am worker, a striver, a try-er, a do more-er, an I should get it all done and I should be good at it-er. But you know what? I can't get it all done and He doesn't even ask me to. You know what He tells me? He tells me to wait on Him, come to Him, learn from Him. He promises to give strength and to give rest to those who are weary in spirit. I love my God. He is so very good. He is so very kind. Kinder than I know...I read this paragraph today on Ann's Voskamp's blog. It was SOOOOO good. The whole blog post was amazing as usual but this is one part that especially stuck out to me, so I close with this:
More than needing schedules and productivity, this week will need a Savior and prayer. God’s not asking me to produce– He’s asking me to pray. God’s not asking me to climb ladders — He’s asking me to kneel and let go...
...His grace will be more than just sufficient — His grace is guaranteed to actually save. Time, me, the week, all redeemed and miracles happen in mirrors and to people we know. When we know Christ, we always know how things are going to go — always for our good and always for His glory.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Want to share your heart or your mind with me? Please do and thanks for stopping by.