Background

Sunday, September 2, 2012

An Acrostic for the Mother/Teacher in Me

I read this today and thought this is what I really need to meditate on as I FINALLY get started with our homeschool year on Tuesday. Yes, I know that I said I was starting awhile ago. Here is what this dear woman wrote as a tribute to the new homeschool year:
(I sooooo need this)

Am I ready? I have spent the summer thinking; plans are laid

Now I carefully prepare to execute these plans I've made

Every subject I have researched, every book that I have read

Will not make my homeschool for me; prayer will light the path ahead.

Hard to wrap my brain around the syllabus for every class

Organizing, planning schedules, challenging but still a blast

Mindful always of the need for balance in our homeschool life

Expectations of perfection only lead to tears and strife

S
etting goals and planning rest for body, mind, for spirit, soul

Can't allow our academics to disrupt our being whole

How could I consider profit if I graduate a child

Only full of smarts and knowledge, brainy, bright but all the while

Overwhelmed with heart confusion, striving flesh not knowing grace

Lord, forbid that I should fail to teach my kids to seek Your face!

You and I, Lord, you and I will stay in constant conversation

Eating from Your word and finding there my daily explanation

All I need to make decisions for the way we spend our time

Resting in Your loving arms and trusting in Your perfect mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to share your heart or your mind with me? Please do and thanks for stopping by.