Well, I have been MIA for more than a month now...want to update this blog so that when I print it out, I will have all our most precious memories logged here in these pages.
On December 3, Nathan turned 9!! I can hardly believe it!! It is so clear to my mind the hours preceding his birth, the first time I laid eyes on him, the hard days following that and all the sweet days God has given me with him since that first special day. Oh how I love that boy!!! He is precious!! SO precious!!
This the letter that I wrote to him:
Nathan,
Happy 9th Birthday to you!!! Just wanted to take a couple of minutes to tell you how much I love you!! I will never forget that day I found out you were in my belly or the day I laid eyes on that sweet face with the squooshed ear!!
You have brought joy to my life every day since then. Every night for years Daddy and I would go to be and talk about how wonderful and sweet you are and all the cute and funny things you would do each day. As the years went by we had lots of kids to talk about, but you, my son have not ceased to be wonderful!! You are a bright spot in my day.
Your kind words to mommy, your heart that wants to please me, the smiles, the tickles, the offers to help. I love your honesty and I love your desire to do what is right and to please God. Thank you for always forgiving me when my tongue is not kind. Thank you for reminding me when I say things that I shouldn’t say, which helps me to be a better mom and to draw closer to God. Thank you for being a great brother to your siblings. They are so blessed to have you to look up to.
I am so thankful to the LORD for you. You are such a blessing to me. I pray so many things for you, that you would always walk in His ways, that He would be your strength, peace and righteousness, that He would lead you and guide you and that He would have His will in your life. I couldn’t have dreamed of or asked for a better, more loving son. You are a great 9 year old boy! Oh and by the way, even though I don’t want to, I am going to let you grow up. You are doing such a great job at it!! I am so proud of you, Nathan John.
HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Nate Diggitty!!!!
I love you to the moon and back to infinity and beyond!!!
Love Always,
Mommy
No comments:
Post a Comment
Want to share your heart or your mind with me? Please do and thanks for stopping by.