Background

Sunday, September 18, 2011

The 7 Year Levi

On Friday, we had a wonderful celebration for the life of our second-born, Levi Anthony. Though I hate to say it, he is now SEVEN. I told the boys they can turn 10 and then there won't be anymore birthdays, that's as old as they can get ; ) If only that worked.
From the day he first arrived, I have loved that boy. I remember when I saw all that beautiful, dark hair, those dimples to die for, those chubby cheeks...love at first sight, truly. He has brought joy to our lives ever since, minus the year of his poor ear trouble which brought pain to his life and havoc to our life. When that problem was solved, we saw what we see today, a loving, cuddly, sweet, generous, kind, compassionate little boy. He is really the favorite of all the siblings. Everyone of them wants to be Levi's "best buddy". It is cute, but it definitely puts some pressure on that laid back dude : ) Sure he has his weak areas, the areas that through prayer and God's grace, will be redeemed and put to use for God's glory. I love that boy, oh how I love him. He is the first kid to greet me each morning and with a smile. I am thankful that the LORD has given us Levi and I pray for many more birthdays for him to celebrate!!




Our celebration was fun-filled. We went out to dinner and surprised them with a 28 inch, GIANT pizza at a local restaurant. They rarely get to go out to dinner so this was a big occasion, only to be topped by the size of the pizza. We came home to a homemade pinata, full of candy and a huge lego cake. Presents from the siblings were opened, and the favorite one seemed to be the silly string, and Nathan was the recipient of the silliness!! What a great day, and what an honor to be a mom, especially to my precious Levi. God give Mark and I grace to raise him to the glory of God and may the Lord have mercy and grace on Levi that he would walk with Him all the days of his life!!!








#226 a quick catnap while the kids watched a show
#227 that I get to homeschool my kids
#228 for a schedule that seems to be working so far, a utter grace
#229 for a husband who helps me train my children to love and obey
#230 music, music, music, where would I be without music?
#231 watching each person at church take the communion, the bread and body and think how our Savior redeemed each one...
#234 the hope of meeting my Savior face to face one day
#235 brunch with a dear friend, talking way beyond the surface
#236 one completed bathroom
#237 a heart to heart talk with my 8 year old, and praying together to finish it!
#238 coffee with the hubs, night after night

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to share your heart or your mind with me? Please do and thanks for stopping by.