Background

Sunday, June 12, 2011

"How is it between us, Lord?"

I have felt a bit unsettled in the past couple of weeks...couldn't really put my finger on it and maybe haven't found the exact ONE thing that has been causing it, but one thing I do know, is that the Spirit of the Lord, is calling me. Knocking on the door of my heart and calling me to draw closer. I feel the need, NO, I know I need to be more disciplined in my walk with Christ in very practical ways. I love Him, know I do, love Him desperately, but I need a closer walk.

So, I have sensed, by the Spirit, there are things lacking. Consistent, earnest time on my knees before Him, is one. Meditating and memorizing His Word in large doses, another. Staying away from things that distract me from these endeavors. That namely being facebook. Though I use facebook as a platform to share Christ all the time, I am finding that I am going to the computer too often, checking email, facebook... and it distracting me and keeping me from things that I should be doing, like praying, reading, memorizing.

All this to say that I hear the Spirit and I acknowledge that I need to walk closer, more intimately with Christ, my Savior.

I think the most appropriate song, because I always think in song, is "How is it between us?" by none other than my favorite singer, Sara Groves. Utterly appropriate!

How is it between us? How is it between us?
When did I talk to You last,
and what has happened since?
How is it between us? How is it between us?
When did I talk to you last,
and what has happened?


When I wake up I am on my way,
reinventing the wheel and saving the day.
I have learned this lesson a thousand times,
I am the branch, and You are the vine.
Apart from You we are mice and men,
With our fancy dreams of grandeur and
no way to get there.
Oh, I can think about You now and then,
Or I can make a mark on eternity.
Lord, first of all, how is it between You and me?

So let the wicked prosper,
let the oceans roar,
let the mountains crumble
and fall into the sea.
There's something more important
weighing on my mind.
Lord, first of all, how is it between You and me?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to share your heart or your mind with me? Please do and thanks for stopping by.