Hello dear people who are loving, praying, giving and serving our family,
I wanted to take a few minutes to update you all on Norah and her first week here at KKI, at Johns Hopkins.
We arrived Tuesday and slowly throughout the day met our team of many people. Medical doctors, Physical Therapists, Occupational Therapists, Psychologists, Social Workers, Neuropsychologists, Nurses, Techs, Child Life Staff...You name them, we met them. Norah settled in well and we both slept well our first night.
Two days I followed Norah to her therapies, with an impending time of me leaving on the third day due to the normal treatment plan for someone with her illness.
Our meeting was Thursday afternoon. I was weepy as I was anticipating what they told me to expect, to be sent home (or away) for an undetermined amount of time. I prayed and asked the Lord for favor, and His will for whatever they told me. But they went an atypical route and let me stay with Norah indefinitely. As long as she cooperates, I am allowed to be with her each night. I must leave the hospital during her treatment day from 9-5 during the week and until lunch on Saturdays. She needs to work hard and things are challenging so they don't want her to see me at all during the day, so as not to interfere with progress. I was thrilled to be able to have dinner, bedtime, and breakfast with her.
The people here are amazing. Everyone is really great. What amazing hands we are in! It is really humbly to be in such a great place getting help for Norah. I am excessively thankful!!!!
She is cooperating splendidly and is working very hard. I can't say how wonderful and what an answer to prayer that is for us!!!
I am learning so much about trusting God in all my fears as I have been faced with so many, many new and challenging things due to this season and being here, away from my husband and other children, insurance issues, meetings and questioning. I am thrust to the throne and am seeking Him as my need of Him is never ending.
Your prayers and gifts and love towards us is so sustaining. WE ARE SO THANKFUL!!!!!! GOD RICHLY BLESS YOU!!!!!
HE is an amazing God. We are utterly humbled to be His and to be so richly blessed. Norah says thank you to everyone for praying for her and giving to us in so many ways!!!!
I look forward to sharing all the little ways He is showing up and what He is teaching me...I hope to write again soon!
Love,
Theresa
No comments:
Post a Comment
Want to share your heart or your mind with me? Please do and thanks for stopping by.